CSS is currently not accepting applications for this position.
The Pannonius Fellowship is a 10-month, full-time position starting September 2012. CSS is looking for an outstanding young Hungarian to exercise civil society leadership through the activities of the Common Sense Society and to develop and manage a research project. Made possible thanks to the generous support of The Pannonius Foundation and the Hungarian American Coalition, this fellowship provides a unique opportunity to gain hands-on leadership experience in a growing civil society organization based in Budapest, Hungary. The Common Sense Society exists to promote civic engagement, entrepreneurship, and the ideas of responsible liberty among university students and young professionals in Hungary. CSS believes that the civic education and political engagement of young people is a crucial aspect of Hungary’s transition from a post-communist state towards a truly free and prosperous society.
The Pannonius Fellow will work with the leadership of CSS in organizing debates and educational programs in Hungary, expanding its regional network, representing CSS abroad, and engaging with other civil society leaders in Hungary, as well as publishing short articles about Hungarian politics, economy, or culture. In addition, the Pannonius Fellow will be responsible for completing an original research project throughout the 10-month fellowship, in cooperation with CSS staff, culminating in a published written report or visual media presentation. The fellow will receive a gross stipend of 6,000 USD.
- B.A. or equivalent degree.
- Excellent English language and communication skills, comfortable working as part of an international team.
- Flexibility, self-management, responsiveness, and a positive attitude.
- A demonstrated understanding of the mission of CSS and desire to promote the Society’s values.
- Application announcement posted: July 23, 2012
- Interviews: rolling basis
- Fellow start-date: September 2012 (duration of 10 months)
To apply for this position, please send the following materials to: email@example.com
- Detailed C.V.
- Cover letter
- Letter of Recommendation from a former professor or employer
- Writing sample (not longer than 2,000 words)