An intense learning experience in a remote castle
for Hungary’s most promising young leaders and thinkers.
The Summer Leadership Academy is designed for young leaders and thinkers who are committed to strengthening their own understanding of the free and prosperous society. The Academy promises to be the new incubator of future leaders in Hungary and in Central and Eastern Europe who are committed to promoting the ideas of responsible liberty and equipped with the skills necessary to implement them.
Click here to view the 2013 CSS Summer Leadership Academy photos.
Click here to view the 2012 CSS Summer Leadership Academy photos.
Over the course of five days and four nights, a small group of selected participants gain an invaluable theoretical grounding in philosophy, economics, politics, and law, while also taking part in workshops and simulations. The Academy is designed for young leaders and thinkers who are committed to strengthening their own understanding of the free and prosperous society. Tuition, room and board is fully covered for all accepted participants.
The Academy participants are selected from an ever-widening pool of international highly qualified applicants mostly from Hungary, but also from Central and Eastern Europe, the UK and the USA.
The international faculty and speakers at the Academy included:
- Roger Scruton (Oxford University, American Enterprise Institute)
- Tibor Machan (Chapman University, Hoover Institution)
- Roger Pilon (Cato Institute)
- Juliana Geran Pilon (Institute of World Politics)
- Peter Záboji (European Entrepreneurship Foundation)
- András Jakab (University of Heidelberg)
- Sam Potolicchio (Georgetown University)
- Thierry Baudet (University of Leiden)
- James P. Kelly (Federalist Society)
- Ferenc Horkay Hörcher (Pázmány Péter Catholic University)
- John O’Sullivan (National Review)
- András Lánczi (Corvinus University)
- Peter Kádas (CEO of Brandvocat)
The Academy is made possible by generous sponsorships from The Federalist Society, MVM, MOL, Ernst and Young, OTP Bank, and Porsche Hungária.
Click here to read the bios of the Class of 2013.
Click here to read the bios of the Class of 2012.